Wednesday, November 01, 2006

From the mouths of babes!

Working at Build a Bear you always get refreshing little conversations and a reminder about how simple life would be, simply by talking to Kids.
Today began a much needed pause in my crazy new store and position. I have two days off and decided I needed to head up (even though I always say down) to be with my family and be AWAY.
My two hour drive got a little tough so I called my sister for a stimulating phone conversation that would keep me awake as I drove. R3 and I chatted and then my 2 year old nephew Samuel stepped in.

Here is a picture of him making a silly face (see my mom in the background for reference)

Now I can't have a deep conversation with him unless it revolved around the blue truck he was trying to show me over the phone, but I played along and it was fun. His responses when audible are generally yeah, yes, no and I don't know or a vroom sound coming in regards to the truck.
I then decided I would talk to him about me being tired. I told him how I was really tired and asked if I should take a nap. He said yes, on a mat. I snickered a bit and then was prepared to go onto another topic. Well Samuel was determined to help Auntie Rhonda. He set the phone down and suddenly left. My sister thought his mind had turned from the conversation and he was on to bigger and better things ( yes there are things better than talking to me, shocking I know).
But lickety split he was back and ready to help. He had gone to the living room and grabbed his baby brother's nap mat and brought it in for me. He then took the phone and laid it on the mat so I could rest. Without skipping a beat he was there to make me feel better.
Boy, after working 8 days straight and sleeping about 4 hours a night and doing nothing else but working, this was the best thing that could have happened. The simplicity and the care was exactly the right balance and defenetly was a highlight to my day, well, that and the nap I took about 20 min later once I got to my parents house!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is really sweet. :)

So will you be able to be at church tonight???