Friday, September 08, 2006

Catching my breath

My two days at my new job had gone fairly well. My ant problem was in a cease fire mode. I even got to experience some of the social activities in San Diego with an old college friend.
But I guess I was not meant to relax just yet.
As many of you know my former roomate's father died suddenly this last weekend. Well, at 9pm Wednesday night I was informed that the service was 9:30 am Thursday morning in Brentwood ( ritzy LA). Man that put a big wrench in my commitments for work and my sleep time. Well, somehow I was able to get it all situated and make a sudden and long trip out to be there for my friend and her family. It was a nerve filled day and emotionally draining as well.
But as of 7am todayI arrived hoping to have a relaxing day off only to find the troops attacking again in full force only in a different part of my tiny abode. errr.
So the attack and clean up continues.
My team seemed to do okay solo yesterday even though I was MIA.

Well today is a new day and actually a day OFF!!
gotta catch my breath now before the whole race to hire and open a store starts again.

No comments: