Friday, May 11, 2007

Same keeper, New Shoes

Wow! It has been a month. I am so very sorry. here is a update and I hope I can keep up from now on.
I am having a great time at the zoo and getting to do more and more every week. Today I learned how to care for the new meerkat and the Brown Pelicans, I will be all alone doing it on Monday. I am Being Trained on the S. American Primate String, basically lots of little monkeys. even two kinds with Red Hair!
I love it. It fits. Yes the Park the zoo is in is Burning but God kept the Zoo and the animals safe, thanks for your prayers and worries. I have officially been at the zoo for over 5 years and I just bought my first new pair of new work footwear since I first started. My old boots were literally coming apart at the seams. And wouldn't you know when I am supposed to be deciding on a pair of functional footwear i find myself sitting and contemplating over which pair to choose based on how CUTE they are. odd huh, why do you need cute shoes to step in poop with? I dunno but I guess I do. I think Brian's mom would understand.
Well I bought my summer shoes as I like to think of them, because they will look better with shorts on those 100+ degree days.
I like my shoes, but had an issue when buying them. I am cheap! It is really hard for me to spend money, especially on myself. I used to run and I pride myself on the fact that I never spent over $40 on a pair of shoes. I hunt for bargains and don't usually care about brand names. Even though these were necessary safety equipment for work I was having a problem with the price. I sat for almost 10 min trying to decide weather or no to buy these things, but in the end I did. $60, on sale. That is officially the most I have ever spent on a single pair of shoes EVER.
I like them and I find myself admiring them as I wander the zoo (especially since it has been quiet and closed to the public the last 2 days.) I will have my short debut tomorrow seeing as how it is getting way too hot, and Brian will be coming to visit in the afternoon.
Now I just have to enjoy them and hope they will last a year or so. but I still have to find some Winter shoes, I better start saving!

No comments: