Monday, April 28, 2008

God's Timing

He is in control totally. The older I get and the more experiences I have with Him working in my life it is a little easier to know and see that it is all him, everything that happens in my life.

As some of you know I left my LA Zoo job (with lots of sadness), and Moved to El Cajon with Brian. Unsure what I was gonna do employment wise I was kind looking forward to just being a wife for a bit.
I did apply to several places, just in case, before our wedding. God does great things but you have to do some work too. So off we go getting married and dissapearing for over 2 weeks on our honeymoon.
well as soon as we arrive back to Long Beach I had a message about an Interview at the San Diego zoo. the next day I got another call for a different position. WOW. I had honestly applied there for over a year and only received one interview a year before. So this was a great suprise 2 in a week.
God had his plan and because I trusted him and was willing to go on his timing and not when I was ready it seems to have worked out perfectly.
Wednesday I had an interview with the same 2 ladies that I interviewed with 1 year ago. It went really well, except for my lack of knowing any scientific names. Much more relaxed. God had given me a whole year to grow and learn and mature at LA. I could tell the difference and just the atmosphere in the room was lighter and easier.
Well they told me they would call people Monday (today), but Friday afternoon I got a call and got some great news.
I was offered a job at the San Diego zoo. This is so great and so exciting.

so know that he is in control because if you let Him do some of the dirty work you can enjoy the ride more.

3 comments:

smartypants728 said...

Many congratulations, Rhonda! What will you be doing exactly and when do you start?

Emily said...

Hi Mrs. Bennett. :) Congratulations! That is great news. I am enjoying watching your story unfold; thank you for always bringing the glory back to God for working out the details. It is a great reminder for those times that the details seem really confused and confusing, and you just can't tell what He is moving you towards.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mrs. Bennett! I enjoyed seeing your pictures on Hyperelbows blog.