Thursday, May 01, 2008

New Home or Bomb Site?

That is pretty much the question I ask myself as I look at the current organization, or lack of, in my home.

It is very frustrating and all I can do is try and stay motivated for those little victories and clean spots.


Our house seems to get better just to get worse again. watch the following progression:
1. arrive home lots of presents everywhere (cool)
Open presents, lots of wrapping trash everywhere
get rid of trash and it feels better.
2. with lots of presents everywhere, still cool but space consuming, Do laundry before Criuse
get all laundry clean, only pack and fold half of it due to time left before ETA.
thus living room is filled with piles of laundry.
3. after trip luggage barely makes it inside before it explodes adding to the mahem.
crazyness, so we ignore it as long as possible (almost a week)
4. open new things and get Kitchen stuff reorganized.
Boxes and packing materials are everywhere as well as most of the kitchen's current inhabitants due to having to find New locations for much of it.
But it is so fun and exciting to get to try your new stuff anf make it our home, not HIS.
Finally after about 12 trips we get all the trash/boxes/and packing out. feels good to have one room in order.
5. Go shopping for the things that did not get purchased ( yeah for gift cards)
Come home and open and fill up the didning area with more boxes and packaging.
More trips to the dumpster to save our sanity.
6. Finally Decide that enough is enough, attack the Laundry and luggage.
Wash all the currently dirty things
(find out exaclty how handy your new sorting hamper is. I love it!)
Wash all day in little shifts
Try and be motivated to get it all neat, folded and organized, as well as fold the current piles of closes left from the beginning of April.
Get about 3/4 of the way and get distracted.
Now stuck in a living room of piles, neatly folded try to get motivated to find it all a home (mixing Brian's old plan with our current needs)

>>>I actually have to get back to the damage control. Only to feel good till the next project happens. I think it may be Bedroom rearrangement or Spare room organization (it is currently a disorganized hodge podge of things I don't want to deal with right now)

The clean and explosive nature of my hose and it's contents is continuing to cycle but all I can do is pray that it will soon find a calm place in the commotion.

My goal is to get it decent before my Job starts. HA HA, I am running outta time. I think I start in the Bird Department next week, if I pass my physical tomorrow.

I guess I might have to come up with a Plan B.

No comments: