Tuesday, November 28, 2006

use it while I can

The internet is working so I am gonna update while I have the chance.

well God has really taken over and I am so glad He has.

I don't know why I try and do it myself so much, especialy when i know how nice it is when I let Him do all the work.

I have driven away from my current location every week at least once in the past month. it gets pretty overwhelming ans boy do the mile rack up.

I am no longer a workaholic which was not a good experience.

I gave Shadow mountain Church a second chance and it was a great thing. I met people I went hiking with a group and got to get to know them and run out of gas in the mountains (sound familiar?) Now I am pretty much forcing myself on them by going to every single activity possible including Bible study tonight. It is a nice group. lots of people my age an not just college girls (no offence to the girls at home). The pastor is a great speaker and teacher and the service has awesome worship with hymns and new choruses. I am still getting used to the fact that the service is being webcast and I have no Idea who anyone in the service is.
They are setting up new york city at church this weekend complete with a taxi and a working Ice rink. Everyone has been praying for cold weather and due to my need of more blankets on my bed and all the shivering going around I know God heard them.
Tonight I am going to try the bible study and see how that goes. If I make it in time I will get free dinner-yeah!!
Work is well exept the bussiness is gone. I am afraid I will not make some of my requirements by the end of the season. It is not as busy as they had hoped for us. Pray the shoppers come. I keep promising my employees that hours will increase and I have to keep sending them home early instead.
On my last trip up to Orange county yesterday I got to go help with operation Christmas Child, and guess who was there! Franklin Graham, not that I am a groupie or anything but it is still pretty cool. My mom got interviewed by chanel 9 news and I got interviewed by TBN. Too bad I had to close my store that night and couldnt see either.
Okay well there is my little update. My internet is working for the moment so I will try and update on a more regular basis as long as it lasts.
Thank you for thinking about me, it really helps to have your prayers and things are getting better all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shadow Mountain is a good church. My parents went there for a couple years while I was still in my nursery years. Oh, I have a whole bunch of stories about my antics in the nursery there. But I'm too embarassed to write them.