Thursday, December 07, 2006

Following by example

Okay, some may disagree and most will laugh and just shake their head but here is a little information and kinda a thought of my day.

First some background. The WWJD campaign really came out when I was just starting college. I understood the meaning but never jumped on the bracelet bandwagon. I am famous for my not worth a chuckle jokes and humor. So thinking in that mind frame here are a couple things or ways I know you can be like Jesus.
So today I was very tired and was very thankful to have the opportunity to take a nap, it rocked. Well basically I had a sudden thought, " Wow, I am so thankful Jesus took naps in the bible too!"
He is a wise Lord indeed, and I will gladly follow His ways, especially after how much better I felt when I woke up.

This thought brought up a past corney statment of mine from the past. If you leave the front door open behind you, my family often will make the comment, "Where you born in a BARN" though I did later live in one it did not help my cause or circumstance. Until my eppiffany one day. I realized when some one said that you could respond, "No but I trying to be more like Jesus."
Okay it is pretty bad and not so funny but I can't help but crack a little smile and my revelation. The nice thing is that I know Jesus still loves me even with my lack of humorous ability.

No comments: